Sunday, January 10, 2010

So Blessed

Since my mom was on her way to CA to see Aunt Bobbi (her wonderful sister), I made a card for her to take to Aunt Bobbi as well. Aunt Bobbi and I have always had a special bond. She is very similar to my mother in a lot of ways and has always been so thoughtful and reached out to me. Aunt Bobbi always sends birthday cards. Always. Today they are e-cards when in the past they were sent via snail mail, but she never forgets. Aunt Bobbi has a warmth and honesty about her. If you want the truth, you can ask Aunt Bobbi. When I was younger that wasn't the best quality (who wants to hear the truth about your actions and consequences when you're a teenager?) but today, as an adult, I appreciate her honesty so very much.
When I went to CA to visit back in Sep/Oct, Aunt Bobbi met me in Pomona and we had lunch and then went to visit Grandma together. It was the last time I saw Grandma and it was the last time Grandma had any real lucid moments. And Aunt Bobbi was there to share them with me. And we had such a wonderful time of sharing! And now, thanks to Facebook, we can keep in touch and chat whenever we feel like it.
I made this card for Aunt Bobbi using my new Verve stamps that I got on sale 50% off after Christmas. I made the card to let her know I was thinking of her during this difficult time, but moreso to let her know how much I appreciate her and love her. Cards do that....just one of the reasons I love my hobby so much!

Aunt Bobbi and Grandma and I. We love you and miss you Grandma!


Supplies


Patterned Paper - Stampin' Up!
Cardstock - Stampin' Up!
Stamps - Verve
Ribbon - Stampin' Up!
Button - Autumn Leaves
Scrapper's Floss
Ink - Clearsnap

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin