Sunday, October 10, 2010

Jen's Sketch Challenge 10-09-10

Time for another one of Jen's fantastic sketches! For this week's card, I wanted to make a birthday card for my stepdaughter Nicole and her favorite color combination is pink and black, so I chose this bright pink paper from Basic Grey (left over papers from a mini album I did) and combined it with black cardstock. I also had a chance to use this adorable digi stamp from CC Designs. These kids are just too cute for words! And, they are a blast to color with Copic markers. I also used some Fun Flock on the bottom of her dress, but I obviously need more practice because hardly any stuck to the paper. I used a glue pen (Tombow) and I think 1) I didn't put enough glue down and 2) I didn't press the flock into the glue before I flicked the excess off of the card. Next time, I think I will use the Tombow Mono Multi Glue instead. I am excited to use some more of that Fun Flock for Christmas and winter cards though, that stuff has the best texture and some really great sparkle to it. Such fun.....

I am finding lately on the projects that I make I end up being happier with the results if I make them in at least two settings. When I try to complete an entire project in just one setting, I find that they don't have as many details and my creativity isn't stretched as much as if I start the project, walk away, think it over some more and then come back to it either late thate day/evening, or the next day.

Unfortunately for me, for some reason, the creative part of my brain really peaks late at night. If I could do all of my papercrafting after midnight, I think I would come up with some amazing work, but a girl needs her sleep :).

Anyway, enjoy!


Supplies
Patterned Paper - Basic Grey
Cardstock - The Paper Company, Papertrey Ink, Stampin' Up!
Stamps - Digi Stamp (CC Designs), Background Stamp (Unity), Sentiment (Stampin' up!)
Ink - Stampin' Up!, Papertrey Ink
Ribbon - Papertrey Ink
Button - Papertrey Ink
Flower - Kaiser Crafts
Copic Markers - RV29, RV69, RV93, E00, E02, E25, E27, E33. 100, Colorless Blender Pen
Stampers Floss - Karen Foster
Spellbinders Dies
Edge Punch - Stampin' Up!
Scalloped Square Punch - Stampin' Up!
Stickles - Ranger
Fun Flock - Stampendous

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin