Saturday, April 16, 2011

Jen's Sketch Challenge 04-11

This month Jen has another fabulous sketch with another amazing sponsor (and one of my favs) - Unity Stamp Co! I have been using Unity stamps for a little over 2 years now and they are amazing! I first discovered them through a fellow stamping friend and joined their kit of the month club, which, if you are new to stamping (which I was at the time) - is a GREAT way to build up your stamp collection. You get a full 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of deeply etched red rubber stamps of the absolute highest quality every month delivered right to your door. Each month they send you a combination of sentiment and image stamps and you have the option of opting out of a particular month's kit if it doesn't suite your fancy...although I am quite certain they all will! I was a member of "the club" for 18 months and the ONLY reason I ended my membership was I had lots of stamps I had yet to ink up and I thought I would save my money each month for other product. I still love my Unity stamps and I am still inking them up, even a little over a year after I ended my membership. And, I LOVE that now I can get Unity stamps at Archivers, including the Itty Bitty sets. Love. Onto my card for this month. I wanted to make a card for my wonderful hubby's birthday. I have such a hard time with masculine cards, which I think is pretty common. I ended up using the Curtain Call paper collection from Graphic 45, which is the same paper collection I used for the altered tray I did for Valentine's Day. It's not completely masculine, but it can be adapted for masculine cards, which is what I did here. I used this adorable pocket stamp from Unity and made a little tag to go in the pocket. I also added some hearts because I love my hubby so....he is one of the best gifts God has ever given me! Anyway, I hope you enjoy my submission and I hope you will play along!


Supplies Cardstock - Bazzil Basics Patterned Paper - Graphic 45 Ink - Stampin' Up! Stamps - Unity Stamp Co., Stampin' Up! Punches - Stampin' Up! Ribbon - Michael's Tag - Paper Reflections Brad - Stampin' Up! Distress Tool - Tim Holtz for Tonic

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, love your pocket design! What a creative take on the April SFYTT -- thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card. I love the muted colors.

    Cara

    http://miscellaneousme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin