Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jen's Sketch Challenge 06-11

I so look forward to the first Saturday of the month, because Jen del Muro releases another sketch challenge. For this week's challenge, visit this link http://iheart2stamp.com/2011/06/04/june-sketch-for-you-to-try/ (Blogger is still not letting me insert links using the linking tool....oy!) This month's sponsor is Your Next Stamp. I primarily used my Cricut for this card, with the exception of one stamp that I used along with some embossing to add a little interest to one of the larger panels.

My dear, sweet, wonderful, brave friend Rhonda is on her way to Kuwait. She is a soldier and has a strong desire and need to head to the desert to do her duty. She is an honorable American and we are praying for her safety and the safety of all of the men and women that are overseas fighting for our freedom. It is because of these brave individuals that we get to live life as a free people and I never want to take for granted the life that I have because of those that have fought to make this country what it is.

We had a going away dinner for Rhonda last week and I made this card for her. I want her to know that she is my hero and I am so thankful for her as a friend, but also as an American. God has blessed this country and I pray that He will bless those that sacrafice for us every day.

Supplies
Cricut Cartridge - Stand and Salute
Cardstock - The Paper Co
Card Base - The Paper Co
Fiber - The Twinery
Embossing Folder - Provo Craft
Stamp - Stampin' Up!
Ink - Versamark
Emobssing Powder - Stampendous

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin