Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I have been blessed with 3 wonderful Dad's. My father, my step father, who has been in my life since age 6, whom I affectionately refer to as D2 (as in dad #2) and my father-in-law who passed away in 2007. My time with my FIL was cut way too short, but I feel so honored that I got to share my life with him, even for a short time.

Due to our crazy schedules, I didn't have much design time, so I cheated a bit and made two of the same card for both D1 and D2. I had to play arond with the card quite a bit before I got it right. I started with a very flat card and wasn't excited about it, so I used some dimensional adhesive and created this fantastic shadow behind the airplane to give it some motion and was very happy with the way the end product turned out. I also added some dew drops to the clouds, which added a little bit of whimsy to the card, but also added some additional dimension. Both dads were very happy with their cards and appreciated that they were handmade.

That's what I love about our hobby....we get to share it with others and something that we enjoy so much brings other people much pleasure. It is a win-win!



Supplies
Patterned Paper - My Mind's Eye
Cardstock - The Paper Co.
Stamp - Stampin' Up!
Ink - Stampin' Up!
Cricut Cartridges - Heritage, Potpouri Basket
Dew Drops - Cloud 9 Design

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin