Friday, July 8, 2011

Jen's Sketch Challenge 07-11

Time for another sketch challenge by the fabulous Jen del Muro. You can view the post for this month's sketch here http://iheart2stamp.com/2011/07/02/july-sketch-for-you-to-try/ (Blogger STILL refuses to allow me to add links correctly.)

I love the sketch for this month. In fact, I might do another card using this sketch very soon. It is so versatile...you can rotate it every which way and the possibilities with the little circle elements are endless.

The sponsor for this month is My Favorite Things and you have an opportunity to win some awesome prizes. I didn't se any MFT stamps because I don't own any (yet) but I am going to be placing an order soon. MFT has fantastic dies and very whimsical, fun image stamps.

I decided to build a scene for this card. I will admit, I am not very experienced at building scenes in cards so I have a ways to go, but I had so much fun creating this scene and I was inspired to try this technique more and really strengthen my skills in this area. I always like to stretch myself and CAS cards and cards where you build a scene are the areas I need the most practice in.

I love the stamps and patterned paper I used on this card. I was at Archiver's about a week ago and saw this adorable bear stamp and had to get the tree stamp as well and then...and then.....as I was walking through the store I spotted this paper from October Afternoon and knew I had to get some paper to go with the stamps. I didn't buy the entire collection because I don't see myself making a lot of cards or scrapbook pages with a camping theme, but I did pick up a few pages and they are all absolutely adorable. If we had some camping pictures from a recent trip I would most definitely be creating a mini out of these papers!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy.



Supplies
Patterned Paper - October Afternoon
Cardstock - The Paper Co, Stampin' Up!, Papertrey Ink
Ink - Stampin' Up!, Tsukineko
Stamps - Imaginisce (Image), Hero Arts (Sentiment)
Buttons - Basic Grey (Orange, Green) Unknown (Brown)

Scrapper's Floss - Karen Foster Designs

Cricut Cartridge - From the Nest
Copic Markers - E33, E25, E27, E29
Prisma Color colored pencils

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin