Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Happy Birthday D1

On Saturday, October 20 we drove down to Santa Barbara to meet my Dad and Valerie for lunch to celebrate my Dad's birthday. October 20th is his actual birthday, so it was nice to be able to celebrate with him on his special day. We met at The Palace Grill on E. Cota and had a fabulous lunch. If you've never been there, I highly recommend it! It's a New Orlean's style restaurant with award plaques covering the walls. My Dad and Valerie were very adventurous with their ordering. My Dad ordered a crawfish pasta and Valerie had a soft shell crab po boy. I stuck with what I know and had a blackened chicken po boy and Jay had an artichoke po boy. Kendall had a spicy pasta with Italian sausage and a cream sauce. The weather was spectacular and after lunch we walked down State Street and did a little window shopping. I was under the weather and Jay wasn't feeling too hot either, so we had to cut the afternoon short, but it was a nice visit and most importantly, we got to celebrate with the ones we love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin