Sunday, February 10, 2008

Two weeks down....

Well, I finished week #2 of the new job. I am feeling more confident now and although I know I still have an overwhelming amount to learn, at least things are starting to come together and make more sense now. There are so many procedures and it's something I'm not used to. At Surfware we had procedures, but they changed constantly. Since we're accountable to the IRS at C & D, We have to stick with procedures and every piece of paper has a process that it goes through from checks and balances to signatures to scanning to mailing out via certified mail to filing and even the status (do we need to keep the paperwork permanently, or for 7 years or 10 years???? So far, I'm just learning the procedures for the front desk and have had some exposure to a little of the work that our Word Processor does. I have the phones down now and have even been told by clients that I am sounding more confident now than I did on my first day. We have clients that call so often that even after 2 weeks, they are warm and friendly and treat me like I have been on the job for months. It's a good feeling and I like feeling that comfort level with people. I had grown accustomed to that with the dealers and really miss that level of intimacy. Tax season will be in full swing soon, so things are only going to get busier. This week I'll be working 8-5 and then Saturday I will start my Saturday shifts (every other Saturday from 9-3) and then Monday the 28th I start working 8-5:30 through the end of tax season. Then, on April 16th the office is closed and we all take a breather! The Partners have all been very supportive and have encouraged me and reassure me that I am doing a great job and that this is a really tough time to be learning on the job. I'm grateful that they have invested in having the existing Office Manager stay on to make sure that I am completely trained before she leaves. She's very patient and I really enjoy working with her. I enjoy working with her so much, in fact, that I will be very sad when she leaves! Although, if she wasn't leaving I wouldn't have a job, so I definitely have mixed feelings on the matter.

Overall, I think things are going really well and I'm really happy to be working with a team of such professional, talented people. I am sure I'll be an old pro there before too long at all...at least I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin