Thursday, May 7, 2009

Kristina Werner Color Inspiration #51

Time for another color challenge by Kristina Werner. This week's challenge was difficult for me. The colors are Chocolate, Rose, Mustard, and White. This week she kept the same rules as inspiration #50, which was to use only the colors in the challenge, and to include ALL colors. I always go by this rule, to me, that is the entire point of the challenge. I love this butterfly stamp from Unity's April KOTM and have been waiting for the opportunity to use it. Since butterflies come in all different colors, I decided to use the stamp for this challenge. I didn't have any paper or ink in the exact shade of rose that Kristina listed on her challenge, but I thought this paper from a matt stack from DCWV worked for the challenge, because it's at least in the same family. I used More Mustard classic ink and some Cat's Eye mauve ink for the butterflies and Chocolate Chip ink for the sentiment.
I am going to give this card to my dear friend Carrie, who took me out for a going away dinner last night. On a side note, I had my first buffalo burger at dinner last night and it was delicious! I will admit, I am not very adventurous when it comes to food, but the waitor raved about it and when I saw the nutrition stats (it's even leaner than chicken), I decided to give it a try. It tasted similar to beef, but it definitely had a distinct flavor. Anyway, I'm glad I tried it. I will definitely order one again if I see it on the menu.
Enjoy the card!

3 comments:

  1. hey Shannon your card looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful! I love the ribbon at the layout and design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. It is such a challenge just to stick to those colours, eh? TFS, Amy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin