Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Solvang Theaterfest

My friend Debi (she was a Partner at the firm where I work but she retired in May) is on the Board of Directors for the Solvang Theaterfest and she offered free tickets to us for last Friday night. We had never been and I have heard that they put on really good shows there. So, I took Debi up on the offer and Jay and Kendall met me in Solvang after work on Friday and we went to The River Grill for dinner (it's gorgeous, right on the golf course at The Alisal) and then went over to the small, outdoor theater for the production "The Hot Mikado." We weren't allowed to take any pictures so I cannot share, but you can go to http://www.solvangtheaterfest.org/ to find out a little more information about the theater and the production we saw. There were very few props, but it was still a very entertaining show. We were glad we took the advice of others and brought a nice big blanket to bundle up in because it gets chilly there at night! The show was funny and the talent was incredible. I was so appreciative of Debi offering those free tickets to us too, it's so nice to go out and do something as a family that is memorable and free! If you have never been to the Theaterfest, I highly recommend it. They have shows all summer long and the entire community comes out to see the shows. I only wish we had gone sooner.
Here's a thank you card I made for Debi


And a card I made for my friend Pam's birthday. I was intimidated making this card because Pam is my instructor and is soooooooooo talented! But, I wasn't letting that stop me from giving her a gift from the heart.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin