Friday, October 17, 2008

Funny Little Story

Sometimes God asks us to do some pretty weird stuff! I am only sharing this because it was an act of obedience, no matter how odd it seemed at the time and I am so glad (as I usually am) that I did what He asked me to.
One of the ways I find relaxation is to sit and stamp and make cards. This is not odd, nor is it shocking to those of you that follow this blog. So one Friday night a couple of weeks ago, I felt like sitting down in my little craft corner (which I am loving, by the way) and I didn't have anything specific in mind, but I felt like making a card. I had just received my Unity September Kit of the Month kit and and was anxious to use some of the stamps in it. I started making my card and was pleased with the results and was trying to think of the right person to give it to. I realized that it ended up being a card of encouragement and I was trying to think of someone that really needed encouragement and I discovered that I am the one that was needing encouragement and God had me make that card for myself! I know, I know how this sounds, but I meditated on it for a while and the next night I was going to Pam's for our monthly Stampin' Up workshop and I decided to bring the card to Pam for her to write some words of encouragement for me. She has become a treasured friend and is always able to bring me comfort when I need it most. So, I gave her the card with a self-addressed, stamped envelope and asked her if she would encourage me. After she finished laughing (and sharing how special she thought it was as well) she said she would be glad to. Unfortunately, she felt all of this pressure to say just the right thing and I told her she need not worry. This was definitely from God, so all she had to do was just write, and He would take care of the rest.
So, a few days later, I got this lovely card in the mail with some beautiful words of encouragement, which I would like to share with you. They were just the right words, at just the right time. Thank you Pam, and thank you Lord!


Jesus says, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest...For My yoke is easy and my burden is light." We all become weary and burdened as we walk through this world, but my prayer for you is that you will cast your cards upon the one and only who will give you rest. Psalm 34:17 says, "when the righteous cry out to Him, He hears and delivers them from all their troubles." Cry out to Him Shannon, He cars and He is always there for you!
And I am so glad that He is.....

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin