Thursday, February 19, 2009

Joyful Greetings

My Unity February Kit of the Month came on Tuesday and it was filled with some gorgeous stamps! I just love getting my new kits every month. First of all, they are extremely affordable ($25, plus s/h) and you get lots of stamps in every single kit. The last two months the stamps have been really big and I'm finding that even if there is a stamp or two in the kit that I'm not crazy about at first, they either grow on me or I find a use for them. That was the case with this card. I started out with the greetings tree and knew I wanted to do something with More Mustard and Chocolate Chip and everything kind of went from there. I decided instead of using Very Vanilla as my card base, I would use Kraft cardstock instead. When I started putting all of my elements together (before using any tape), I noticed that the Kraft base was going to be too bare. That's when I remembered my wheat stamp from January's Kit of the Month and I think it added just the right touch. When I originally saw this stamp, I thought, "Now what am I going to do with a wheat stamp?" And now I'm so glad I have it, because I think I will use it in the future as well.

I love the hardware on this card as well. I got it ages ago at Michael's but never used it. I think it fits the Enjoy sentiment just right. I'm happy that this turned out to be a sort of masculine card, because I am not good at making those. I know, I know, it does not contain motorcycles, tools of any kind, airplanes, or flames, but I think it still fits the bill. I'm going to give it to a friend at work for his birthday. It's a non-traditional birthday card, and he's a non-traditional guy. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin