Friday, February 27, 2009

Kutless/Disciple/Stellar Kart/EsterLyn Concert

Last night we went to Mountainbrook Community Church in San Luis Obispo to see Stellar Kart, Disciple and Kutless together on their second tour. The last time we saw them was in March of 2006. I remember this distinctly because the Bunns were going to try to go with us but they were too busy getting ready for their move to Virginia :(. Aside from looking back on that difficult time emotionally, the concerts both then and now were outstanding. This year EsterLyn replaced Falling Up as the first act. EsterLyn is a fairly new band but they were really enjoyable to watch. They named the band after the lead singer's niece who was adopted from China. You can tell that the band has such a love for this little girl and for Jesus. We saw some growth in Stellar Kart and they were even more fun to watch this year. I also am starting to grow in my appreciation for Disciple. When we saw them in 2006 they were just too loud for me and I couldn't understand a word they were saying. Over the last 3 years I have listened to their CD's (Nicole and Kendall and Jay are all big fans) and I have grown to appreciate them more and more and this year I loved the show! They have so much energy and such a wonderful ministry. Kevin, the lead singer shared about Compassion International and just listening to him speak brought complete silence to a room filled with young people who minutes before were jumping up and down and banging their heads. We started sponsoring a child with Compassion after the last show and hearing Kevin speak reminded me that we need to start sending more letters to our compassion child. His name is Jibin and he lives in India. I will write another post about him later and share a picture. He is such a precious little boy and we are so blessed to be able to share what God has given us with him.


Kutless came on last and they were incredible! They are one of my favorite bands and the highlight of the evening was hearing them sit in a group and do a few acoustic songs. They did Take Me In, which is one of my favorite songs and they also did Sea of Faces and a third song that I can't remember at the moment. It was so intimate and we were just captivated. They are so talented and they can go from rockin' the house down to bringing everyone into worship in such a beautiful way. We were all exhausted today, but it was totally worth it!





Stellar Kart



Disciple


Kutless



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin