Sunday, September 19, 2010

In Memory

**Edited** - I felt the left side of the card needed a little something so I added some bling from ZVA. I think it's just what this card needed.


My dear, sweet, wonderful great-aunt Helen passed away a couple of weeks ago. Aunt Helen lost her husband Al several years ago and her mind was suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Because of this, she did not have any real quality of life in her later years and it's a blessing that she is now home with her heavenly father and once again reunited with her wonderful husband.

Aunt Helen and Uncle Al were always so good to me and my family. They were loving and funny and kind. They were incredibly generous with hugs and kisses and laughter. Aunt Helen was also an amazing cook! I remember going to visit at the house and she made these beautiful homemade breadsticks and ginger cookies. Everything looked as good as it tasted.

I made this card for Aunt Helen and Uncle Al's son Keith and his wife Katie and their daughter Natalie. They are such a dear, sweet family and I know that they are happy for Aunt Helen that her suffering on earth has come to an end, but still miss her dearly. Keith was the son that Aunt Helen and Uncle Al always dreamed of and he was the apple of their eyes. The love in that family was evident every moment that you spent with them.

Aunt Helen, I know you weren't really here over the last few years, but still you are missed terribly. I look forward to seeing you again one day in heaven. Until then, you will remain in my thoughts. I love you!



Supplies
Patterned Paper - Webster's Pages
Cardstock - The Paper Company
Ribbon - Unknown
Cricut Cartridge - Heritage
Hardware - Making Memories
Spellbinders Dies
Edge Punch - Stampin' Up!
Corner Punch - We R Memory Keepers

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin