Sunday, September 12, 2010

Jen's Sketch Challenge 09-11-10



Let me just say this. I am not ready for Christmas. I am not ready for cold and snow. I am still enjoying the warmth of the sunshine and the scents of summer. But, I know that it's coming. It's around the corner and I am going to have to get used to fuzzy socks and thick sweaters and scarfs and having a dirty car.

The only good thing about winter coming is Christmas. I love December. December 17th is our wedding anniversary and Christmas has always been my favorite time of the year. I love having the house decorated and baking cookies and singing Christmas carols and buying gifts for the people I love and celebrating the birth of our Savior.

I also love making Christmas craft projects. The papers are all so very delightful and sweet. Last year I didn't get around to making indvidual Christmas cards for the family and am determined that this year I am going to make individual, handmade cards for immediate family members. In order to accomplish this goal, I must get started early!!!!

So, I took Jen's sketch this week and used Basic Grey's new Jovial collection to make my first Christmas card for 2010. I think this collection is SO beautiful! I love the blue-greens mixed in with the traditional rich reds and forest greens. There are lots of poinsettas and snowflakes and beautiful plaids. Basic Grey continues collection after collection to push the bar higher and higher. This is one of my favorite Christmas collections to date!



Supplies
Patterned Paper - Basic Grey (Jovial collection)
Cardstock - Stampin' Up!
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug
Stamps - Verve (Snowflake Border), Inkadinkadoo (Sentiment)
Ink - Stampin' Up!, Clearsnap
Hardware - Snowflake Brads (Unknown), Frame, Brads (Unknown)
Dimensional Sticker - Basic Grey
Cricut Cartridge - Christmas Village
Stickles
Spellbinders Dies - Oval, Scalloped Oval

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin