Sunday, August 29, 2010

Jen's Sketch Challenge 08-28-10

I love all of Jen's sketches, but this one I really, really like! The layout provides endless possiblities and I just had so much fun creating with this one.

I decided to use my Cricut again, since I just can't get enough of it! I am finding it is pretty easy to use, just as long as I stick with heavyweight cardstock. I am a little intimidated to try thinner patterned paper with it. My mat isn't quite as sticky as it was, but I still have to use my spatula to pry pieces off of it and I'm afraid I'd tear up anything other than CS.

So, for now I am using it to cut cardstock and just love it! I used the Storybook cartridge to cut the flowers and leaves for this piece. After I finished it, I decided the colors are very Christmas-y (it's my blog, I can make up words if I want to) and although that was not my intent, I am now in he mood for making Christmas projects. I just ordered the new Christmas Village Cricut cartridge and am looking forward to playing! It has nativity pieces....delightful~

Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Supplies
Patterned Paper - Unknown (got in a huge pack from Costco a couple of years ago and did not save the packaging)
CS - Stampin' Up!
Cricut Cartridge - Storybook
Stamps - Stampin' Up! (sentiment), Hero Arts (Background stamp)
Punch - EK Success Label Punch
Ink - Stampin' Up!
Pearls - K&Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin