Friday, August 27, 2010

Jen's Sketch Challenge 08-21-10

Well, big news....I got a Cricut! It was totally a gift from God, I just know it was. I was looking at the Cricut Expressions and saw the $400 price tag on the machine and then saw the $70 price tag on the cartridges and had decided it wasn't something I would invest in right now. I was considerig putting money aside each month and saving up for one, but it really wasn't a huge priority. I just started investing in Copics and felt like using dies in my Cuttlebug would be just fine for now.

Then my friend Carrie at work comes in one day and tells me I'm getting a Cricut. What???? She was bidding on machines on eBay and accidentally bid on a Cricut personal cutting machine and she wanted the Expression, so she was giving me the personal machine. Of course, I could not accept it for free, so I offered to buy it from her. She got it for $100 and it came with a cartridge that she wanted, so she took the cartridge and I paid her $75 for the machine. So, I got a Cricut for $75!!!! It's brand-new and I think the size will work just fine for my needs, since I am primarily a card-maker.

I also found some cartridges for great deals online. I made this adorable tea set using the Heritage cartidge. I hand-stamped it with a damask stamp from Unity to give it a little added interest. I am still learning to use my machine (and will be learning for years), but thanks to all of the great tutorials on You Tube, I don't feel like I have to start from scratch!

Jen, thank you for yet another great sketch.


Supplies

Patterned Paper - Making Memories
Cardstock - Stampin' Up!
Stamp - Unity Stamp Co. (Damask), Stampin' Up! (Sentiment)
Ink - Stampin' Up!
Cricut Cartridge - Heritage
Die Cutting Machine - Provo Craft
Punches - Marvy Uchida (Large Scallop Circle), Stampin' Up! (Border, Mini Hearts, Word Punch), Corner Punch (We R Memory Keepers)
Flower - Prima Marketing
Glimmer Mist - Tattered Angels
Gemstones - Kaiser Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin