Sunday, November 28, 2010

Jen's Sketch Challenge 11-20-10

Time for another one of Jen's fantabular (Jay made that word up and I have adopted it...because I like it) sketch challenges! It seems like every week lately I have a card to make for a purpose, instead of just doing projects for fun. This is fine, but I do enjoy just creating to create and hope I can get back to that point sometime soon! I am grateful that Jen provides these wonderful challenges for me every week though. I have a jumping off point and when I'm in the midst of several projects at once, it helps to have somewhere to begin when I'm making a card.

This week, I made a birthday card for my wonderful, sweet, amazing friend Carrie's 40th birthday. Carrie and I have been friends since we were 18 or 19, so over half of our lives now. Carrie was dating a guy that I had dated previously and he introduced us. They didn't last, but Carrie and my relationship did and we have been friends ever since. She is so kind and generous and artistic and funny and makes me so happy. She lives in CA so I don't see her much, but I love her just the same and look forward to every moment we have together.

Since Carrie loves purses and has loads of them, I thought it appropriate to put a purse on her card. I also added some bling (since Carrie is the queen of accessories) and some Glossy Accents to make it extra special.

Enjoy!



Supplies
Patterned Paper - Basic Grey
Cardstock - The Paper Company, Stampin' Up!
Stamps - Unity Stamp Co (purse), Stampin' Up! (sentiment)
Ink - Stampin' Up!
Cricut Cartridge - Storybook (frames)
Border Punch - Stampin' Up!
Flower - Kaiser Crafts
Button - Basic Grey
Scrapper's Floss - Karen Foster Designs
Glossy Accents - Ranger Industries
Orange Rhinestones - Mark Richards
Copic Markers

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin