Sunday, November 7, 2010

Snowy Christmas

I made another Christmas card last week. Unfortunately, this one took me like 5 days! I just wasn't feeling the mojo and ended up re-doing the bottom panel. I started off with the rafia ribbon tied in a bow and a gigantic red button on top (to the left) with no twine and just kept staring at it, unhappy and unable to move foward, so I took the panel off and added the rafia with a criss-cross and then cut a snowflake on my Cricut and added a smaller red button with twine and was much happier with the results and found that the rest of the card came together rather quickly after that. The red around the top panel is dauber paint and you can't tell in the photo, but you can sort of see through it in parts, which gives it kind of a rustic look.

I love that little snowman also. I paper pieced his scarf and the band around his cap and I think he looks rather dapper. I am definitely getting into the Christmas spirit!

Next up....shopping.

Supplies
Patterned Paper - Jillibean Soup, Little Yellow Bicycle
Cardstock - Stampin' Up!, The Paper Company, Neenah
Rafia Ribbon - Paper Reflections
Twine - Stampin' Up!
Button - Basic Grey
Stamp - Verve Stamps (Snowman), Stampin' Up! (sentiment)
Ink - Tsukineko, Stampin' Up!
Nestabilities Dies
Cricut - Joys of Christmas Cartridge
Copic Markers - YR04, YR18, 100, C1

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin