Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Garden of the gods

Even though we had a million things to do when we got here, we really wanted to do at least a couple of fun things with the girls before they went back to Kansas to spend the rest of the summer with their mom. Jay had to work the first week we were here, while we were staying in temporary housing on the base, so the girls and I went to the mall, went bowling, went to the Ghost Town museum, and did some exploring. The following week, Jay was off and we spent the majority of our time unpacking and getting settled in the house, but we did manage to get out one afternoon and go to the Garden of the gods.

Wow! That's about all I can say. I was there with Jay on my first trip to Colorado Springs in November of 2007 when he brought me here to show me around, but it is so amazing that I think I will be in awe no matter how many times I visit. The girls really enjoyed it as well. It drizzled on us a little bit, but it was actually nice because the temperatures were cooler that day. We did lots of walking and saw some rock climbers and so many beautiful rock formations. I can't wait to bring friends and family here when they come to visit. Hint, hint.

This guy was insane! He climbed this rock with absolutely no equipment, and wearing crocks. We all held our breath watching him climb up and then held our breath again watching him try to get down. Fortunately, he made it all in one piece but I had my phone in hand ready to call 911 just in case.

This couple brought their entire wedding party up to take photos. What a great idea!

That's my crazy family

Yours truly

Aren't they cute?

Don't look down





I thought this little bird was so magnificent. My mother probably knows what kind of bird it is. I have no clue, I just think it's pretty and that's enough for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin