Thursday, January 22, 2009

Creative Organizing - Unmounted Rubber Stamps

I love my unmounted rubber stamps from Unity (especially the KOTM) but have been searching for a storage solution. They come in these little mesh bags that are great for shipping, but not so great for storage. I was piling up all of the little bags into drawers and it was a bit of a chore to dump them all out to find the one I was looking for and then try to shove them all back into the little bag.


So, my brilliant friend and neighbor Michelle (who I am constantly bragging about, but she's amazing and I can't help it) invited me over last Sunday after working in the coffee shop to play in her craft room. She had some stamps she was getting rid of and let me go through them and have my pick and she showed me all of her stamping supply storage. I asked her how she stores her unmounted rubber stamps and she found this idea on another blog and I fell in love with it! I don't know the name of the other blog, otherwise I would give credit where credit is due.


These scrapbooking storage containers are from Target and I can fit 4 Unity Kit of the Month sets into one container in the kits with smaller stamps. In the kits with larger stamps, it's more like 2 but these containers are only $1.99 and they work so well! I made my first card last night with the new "system" and it was sooooooooooooo much easier to go through the kits and find the stamps I was looking for. They also end up taking up less space because I have them set up like books between my drawer carts. I'll take another photo of my little stamping corner soon since it has changed and expanded a bit. I know I love looking at other blogs for organization ideas, so I thought I would share.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin