Saturday, January 10, 2009

Kristina Werner Color Inspiration #37

I have been following Kristina Werner's Color Inspirations for months now. She always comes up with unique color combinations and the cards that are created as a result are absolutely amazing! This week she extended the deadline because she got the information posted later in the week, so I decided to participate. Last night I got my new SU! shipment with lots of cardstock and the Sock Monkey stamp set, which I fell in love with back in July at Pam's SU! workshop. I wanted to use my new stamp set and started thinking about what I wanted to put together. When I figured out my design, I knew it would be time consuming but I am really happy with the results.
I used all cardstock in the SU colors that Kristina listed on her blog (Old Olive, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White). I used all black ink and paper pieced the hat and the cupcake and used my Crop-A-Dile to make the dots for the monkey's "sweater." I also colored his face and hands, feet, and mouth with my Prisma color markers. I used my SU! scalloped edge punch, oval punch, and word punch and used some ribbon from the $1 bin at Target to finish off the card. I love this color combination, it puts me in the mood for a party and a cupcake!

5 comments:

  1. love the spots on the monkey - so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I love the spots on the monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! I love the spots on the monkey too! Great idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE!!!! I still have a love/hate relationship with that monkey! I am excitied to know you have it though, in case I need it =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE!! I still have a love/hate relationship with that monkey! I am happy to know you have in case I need him ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin