Friday, January 2, 2009

Trees of Life

It must be the new year that makes me reflect so much. Or perhaps it's losing my Grandfather on 12/31/08 but over the last couple of days I have been deep in thought. Thinking about the value of my friends and my family. Thinking about missed opportunities to spend time with those I love and I how I don't want to live in regret. Thinking about how the little things in life become so much bigger when we lose our perspective. All of these deep thoughts inspired me to make a card using the Life stamp in the Unity November KOTM. I was really happy with the color combination in this card and like the scalloped edges. The tree stamp is also from Unity and the flowers are Inkadinkadoo stamps that I got with a Holiday stamps kit from Costco. The ribbon is from the $1 bin at Michael's and the DP is from SU. I used Not Quite Navy and Old Olive and Black SU inks for the stamps.


3 comments:

  1. The card looks beautiful. I am sorry about your grandfather passing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card - I like all the scallop layers. Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card - I like the layers of scallops. Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Joan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin