Saturday, April 11, 2009

Basic Butterflies

As I mentioned, I was feeling inspired last night. As most of you know, I love all things butterflies. I have butterfly jewelry, butterfly candle holders, a butterfly sticker on my rear windshield, butterfly tops, butterfly candle holders, and more butterfly stamps than any others in my collection. Butterflies remind me of what is possible and what God has done in my life. Well, he continues to do in my life. I feel like he transformed me from a caterpillar who was somewhat crippled and had a difficult time getting around into this beautiful, free creature that glides through the air. I sometimes take things into my own hands and end up like a caterpillar again and when I let go and let Him, I am once again free to fly. I think butterflies are beautiful, but I think the reason why is because they remind me of what is possible. We all need hope!

Sorry, I ranted on a bit there.....anyway, I found this beautiful butterfly paper from Basic Grey and fell in love with it instantly. I really love the colors in this paper and wanted to bring out that pretty grey so I used Basic Grey and Basic Black CS from SU and this pretty, bright orange ribbon from the $1 bin at Michael's. I didn't want to use any butterfly stamps because I didn't want to take anythiing away from that gorgeous paper, so I used my Unity March KOTM sentiment and surrounded it with a border stamp from Unity's December KOTM. I finished it off with some black butterflies that I cut out using my Martha Stewart butterfly punch. It's a very simple card, but I love the way the colors pop off of the black CS and that paper....oh my! Just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin