Friday, February 5, 2010

Birthday Wishes

This card was a blast to make. Partly because it was for Susan - one of the best friends I've ever had - and because this polka-dot paper is such fun!

I started with some Chocolate Chip CS and cut the polka-dot patterned paper to fit inside, leaving only a small border surrounding it and left room at the bottom for some green CS that I cut with my scalloped border punch from SU! I flipped the patterned paper over and using my Tim Holtz ruler, I drew guides on the back to cut out my circle punches. By drawing my guides on the back of the paper, I didn't have any lines to erase.

I used my 1 3/8" circle punch from SU! and then adhered WW CS to the back of the paper. I then stamped several different mini stamps from SU! (all retired) using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (for placement) to fit within the windows I cut out.

After I adhered the panel to the base of the card, I added some rick-rack ribbon from Bazzil using my Tombo Mono Multi glue and then cut a SU! scalloped square and attached using some Stampin Dimensionals. Finally, I stamped my circle sentiment on some CS to match the border along the bottom of the card and cut with my 1" circle punch and then attached with additional Stampin Dimensionals.


Supplies

CS - SU!

Patterned Paper - Making Memories

Stamps - SU!

Ink - SU!, Ranger, Colorbox Queue

Ribbon - Bazzil

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin