Sunday, February 14, 2010

Jen's Sketch Challenge 02-13-10


I am so excited that Jen's sketch challenges are back! And, to top it all off, she's got a HUGE prize package for the month of February. Be sure to check out her blog for details.

For this card, I used a bunch of supplies that I have had lying around forEVER. I know you can all relate - you see new supplies posted from CHA or find some adorable paper that you just HAVE to have at your local scrapbook store and you keep building and building and building your inventory and there's this lonely paper sitting there that gets no attention.

I absolutely love this patterned paper from SU! (which is probably why I bought it to begin with), but I don't think I ever used it until today. I also used a cute stamp set that my friend Leslie gifted to me quite some time ago when she was cleaning out her supplies. I can't tell you how many stamps I have in my scrap room that have never been inked up and I am going to start making an effort to USE WHAT I HAVE. That's not to say I won't make any new purchases, but I am going to start digging through my supplies and making sure I'm familiar with what I have so that I can make use of it.

I did use one new thing on this project - the Top Notes die from SU! I have been eyeing this die for well over a year now and finally purchased it with my last order and was so excited that I was able to use it for this week's challenge. I also used my new Scallop Trim Border Punch from SU!'s Sale-A-Bration Catalog (this is the first year they've offered a punch during Sale-A-Bration).

Anyway, hope you enjoy!


Supplies
Patterned Paper - SU! (Retired)
CS - Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip SU!
Stamps - Sentiment (Heard from the Heart), Flower (Retired) - SU!
Rub-On - Wholy Cow- Basic Grey
White Gel Pen - Uniball Signo
Ink - Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip - SU!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin