Monday, July 12, 2010

Jen's Sketch Challenge 05-22-10

Getting caught up on the blog tonight! Sitting here watching The Bachelorette (absolutely a total waste of time, but alas, still watching)....with my laptop on a TV try and mutli-tasking.

This is actually a Father's Day card that I made at the beginning of June for my Dad (D1) and used Jen's sketch from 06-08-10.

I was incredibly sad to hear that the card accidentally got tossed with the box the gift came in because 1) I worked really hard designing the right card for dad and 2) he was initially so disappointed that I didn't include a card with his gift. We talked and he knows I did include a card and I promised him I will make another one.

Fortunately, he never has to question my love, no matter what comes in a box! This was our 2nd Father's day apart since we moved to CO, so it was difficult, but we talked on the phone and we got to spend a glorious week together at the beginning of May.

I love you Daddy!

So, onto the card....I used the Graphic 45 Proper Gentleman collection and how much do I love this gorgeous paper? I also used the typewriter stamps from EK Success, which are perfect for this old-fashioned card. LOVE it! I will be using those a lot more with some other Graphic 45 collections. They are so artful and make me want to watch old Marilyn Monroe movies and walk the boardwalk.



Supplies
Patterned Paper - Graphic 45
Cardstock - Stampin' Up!
Stamps - EK Success
Letter Stickers - American Crafts
Paint - Ranger Industries (Sponge Dauber, Perfect Pearls)
Ribbon - Papertrey Ink
Hardware - Tim Holtz
Ink - Stampin' Up!, Ranger Industries
Distress Tool - Tonic
Border Punch - Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin