Saturday, May 28, 2011

Life is Good

I made this card several months ago for my brother-in-law. I always have a heck of a time coming up with designs for masculine cards, but Graphic 45 to the rescue!!!! Who doesn't love the gorgeous designs by Graphic 45? Each sheet of paper is a complete work of art and one of my favorite collections is A Proper Gentleman. It is a classic collection reminiscent of days when men wore top hats and opened doors and treated women like true ladies. I love how far women have come in the work place and the opportunities we now have, but I do miss the days when men would stand up when a woman got up to go to the restroom (my husband still does that, by the way) and would hold doors open and take the hand of a lady when walking in the rain. This collection reminds me of those days.

I also love the pocket watches! When my husband and I got married, we got pocket watches for our best man and groomsan, which happened to be my father-in-law and brother-in-law. My father-in-law passed away 4 years ago and we miss him every day, but whenever I see a pocket watch, I think of him and my heart sings.


Supplies
Patterned Paper - Graphic 45
Stamps - Stamper's Anonymous, Verve Stamps
Ink - Ranger Industries, Stampin' Up!
Hardware - Tim Holtz
Nestabilities Dies
Embossing Powder - Ranger Industries

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin