Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Verve Sketch 04-11

I recently discovered the talented Shannan Tuebner's blog and fell in love with this sketch http://withfeathersandsequins.blogspot.com/2011/04/small-and-whiteclean-and-brightyou-look.html. I have been anxious to try making a card with sun rays but just wasn't sure what dimensions to use on the scraps and found the entire process rather intimidating until I saw Shannan's tutorial. She broke it down and used photos and descriptions to take the intimidation out of the process.

I made some Mother's Day cards and absolutely love how they turned out. I normally make a different design for each card for Mother's Day and Father's Day, but this year since our schedules are so tight, I didn't have the luxury of time to work with 3 different designs, so I made 3 identical cards using this sketch. The cards were still made with my hands and came from my heart and my Mom, Mother-in-Law and Step Mom all loved them.

I used this gorgeous paper from Stampin' Up! which has the most vibrant, lovely green hues which are complimented with some purple accents that make such a rich, elegant combination.

I also stamped some roses using a stamp set from My Mind's Eye and Versamark ink, to add some interest in the left corner panel for just the right touch!


Supplies
Patterned Paper - Stampin' Up!
Cardstock - Stampin' Up!
Stamps - My Mind's Eye (Image), Stampin' Up! (Sentiment)
Ink - Stampin' Up!, Versamark
Ribbon - Papertrey Ink
Border Punch - Stampin' Up!
Nestabilities Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin