Monday, May 30, 2011

You Rock!

Making cards for teenagers is another challenge (maybe even more difficult than masculine cards.) The card has to be cool, not geared toward someone too young, and suited to the taste of the recipient.

My beautiful step daughter Nicole was just promoted to 9th grade and Jay and my MIL drove across Kansas to be there. Kendall and I had to stay back (boo!) because Kendall had finals and we had to go to Learning RX every night. The weather was absolutey awful during their trip (downpours, hail, tornado warnings....) but they made it and were able to be there to support Nicole and made it home safely. It meant so much to Nicole to have them there, which totally made it worth it and they created lasting memories.

Here's the card I made for her. I used this adorable Grunge stamp set I recently purchased from Papertrey Ink. It was my first PTI stamp set and the quality is incredible! I absolutely love everything from them that I have purchased (I am already hooked on their ribbon and CS) and love the versatility of their stamp sets. As soon as I saw the Grunge stamp set, I knew I had to purchase it to make cards for the girls. Nicole's favorite color combination is black and pink, so I just did a single layer card and played with the stamps. I added a few nail heads for a little added interest. I think the card is fun and cool and perfect for our little (big) graduate!

Supplies
Card Base - The Paper Co.
Ink - Stampin' Up!
Stamps - Papertrey Ink
Nail Heads - Mark Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin