Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to School Bookmark

Kendall is taking Literature this year, as part of her English curriculum. I loved taking literature, because I love to read. Kendall, however....well, not so much. Not unless you are asking her to read Twilight, in which case, she is all too thrilled to read. Why can't all books capture the attention of young, teenage girls like the Twilight series? Believe me, I understand the appeal, having just finished Eclipse this morning myself. But, I have always loved to read.

Since it's going to be a little more difficult for Kendall, I decided to make her a little bookmark to keep with her. That way, when she's being "tortured" with great literature, she will at least have a little bit of love in her book to take along with her.

All of the papers are from the SU! Bella Rose DSP series. I drew a grid on the back of the red dsp to align my circle punch to cut windows into the paper. Then, I adhered the paper to a piece of white cs and using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the flower images into the top and bottom windows. In the center window, I used another pattern in the series and used the same punch to cut the paper to fill the window and then stamped the Sending You My Love image onto white cs and punched it out with my 1" circle punch and then adhered it to the center. I finished it off with a scalloped edge that I punched with my SU! scalloped border punch in yet another pattern in the series and adhered the whole thing onto some Kraft cardstock for extra re-inforcement. I then added punched tab on the top that I embossed with a flourish in white embossing powder for a little extra zing and a white brad and some Riding Hood Red ribbon.

I suppose it isn't going to make Kendall like reading anymore than she already does, but at least she'll have something pretty to hold her place ;)


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin