Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fun with Alcohol Inks

I have been watching Jennifer Mcguire's Thinking Inking videos over at Two Peas and was inspired to break out my alcohol inks and start using them on cards.

On this card, I took some glossy paper from Ranger and stamped my image from SU!'s Fresh Cuts set using Top Boss embossing ink and then embossed the image using SU! white embossing powder. Then, I combined Current and Slate alcohol inks, along with some silver mixative and applied them over the image using my took from Ranger. I zapped it with my heat gun once more to dry the ink and then I stamped the Thank You from the same set using Staz On black ink.

I also applied the same color combination of alcohol inks and mixative to a white flower from Hero Arts and a clear button.

I added some green paper at the bottom that I punched using my eyelet border punch from SU! and some pink ribbon from Offray and then adhered everything onto Basic Black cardstock for some contrast.

Jennifer, thank you for inspiring me to use some of the products that I have sitting around but never got around to using.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin