I've been tagged! And, being a rule follower, I guess I should follow the rules. I was tagged by my friend Michelle Shuman who is one of the most creative people I know, so for her to tag me for a creative blogger award is beyond flattering!
So, 7 weird/random facts about myself......
1. I can't stand long fingernails or toenails. For whatever reason, they drive me CRAZY and I get really grossed out when I see someone wearing flip-flops and they have long toenails. I keep my comments to myself, but I cringe and flip out a little on the inside.
2. I need to drink a crazy amount of water every day. I don't know why, but I am constantly thirsty and have to have a bottle of water with me everywhere that we go, even on short trips to the market.
3. I take almost 30 minutes to get ready for bed in the evening. I have to clean my contact lenses, wash off my eye make-up, wash my face, use toner on my face, take all of my vitamins, moisturize my skin, use my under eye gel (to fend off wrinkles), put Vasoline on the tip of my nose (little trick I found to help alleviate dryness), floss my teeth, brush my teeth, put on lip balm, brush my hair, put on lotion and in the winter time my fingers crack so I have to put on Neosporin and Band-Aids to help the cracks heal. Thank God for double-sinks in the master bath and a very understanding husband!
4. I love, love, love to give gifts to people. I have been told by friends and family members that I have a gift for picking out just the right thing for people. I try to put a lot of thought into gifts before I purchase them and not always, but most of the time I end up finding just the right thing that I know that they will love.
5. I don't like change. Before I met Jay I lived in Camarillo for 20 years, lived in the same house with the same roommate for 9 years, stayed at Surfware for 9 years, drive my cars until they won't run anymore, and have stayed in relationships well beyond when they should have ended. I can handle change, but I just don't like it! You can imagine the shock I went into when I married Jay and moved to a new house, in a new town, living with new people and then changed my job. I am growing!!!!
6. Christmas is my absolutely positively favorite time of the year. I love the lights, the music, celebrating Jesus' birth, buying presents for loved ones, baking cookies, decorating the house, celebrating our wedding anniversary, egg nog Lattes, Christmas movies, parties - all of it!
7. I am an extremely loyal friend and God has blessed me with so many wonderful friends. I think I am the richest woman on earth.
Guidelines for Kreativ Blogger Award:
1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.
2. Put a link to the person who sent you the award.
3. Nominate 5 blogs.
4. Put links to their blogs
5. Leave a message for your nominees.
And the nominees are....
1. Michelle (of course!). She nominated me and she has one of my favorite blogs so I am tagging her right back.
2. My friend Corey, who is also a friend of Michelle's. We all met at Pam's Stampin' Up workshops and Corey is now coming to our church so we sat together at the Christmas Tea and she does way more than card making. She just posted an adorable shadow box that she did and she makes crafts with wood and jewelry and just about any material she can get her hands on.
3. Donna who I have never met or chatted with, but whose creations I absolutely love and her blog has quickly become one of my favorites. I follow her blog and get super excited when she posts a new creation.
4. Amber who is a designer at Unity Stamp Co. Amber is incredibly creative and she inspires me to think outside the box. She also stamps using butterflies a LOT and being the butterfly finatic that I am, I really like her work.
5. Kristina who posts this wonderful videos on Make a Card Monday and Finally Friday and has color inspirations once a week, which I have yet to participate in, but I am anxious to try when things slow down a bit. Kristina makes simple cards, but they are beautiful and I love learning from her.
6. Jennfer whi is another designer for Unity. She does some really creative things with color and is always coming up with something fresh and new. I just love going to her blog and I visit often!
7. Patter is yet another designer for Unity. Patter is a Christian and is always making cards with scriptures and has wonderful tips on her blog, in addition to her creations.
To all of these bloggers (and so many more!) thank you for inspiring me and I hope I can do the same in return.
Merry Christmas everyone!