Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Quick & Easy Chicken, Broccoli and Brown Rice

I found this recipe in a Campbell's soup advertisement in Every Day with Rachael Ray and it looked really good so I tried it tonight. It's super healthy and my family loved it!

1 tbsp vegetable oil (I used Canola oil)
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I used 6 because I knew we'd each want a ful breast)
1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken soup (I used the 98% fat free version)
1 1/2 cups water
4 minced garlic cloves (not in the recipe, added by Shannon)
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
2 cups fresh or forzen broccoli flowerets (I used fresh)
Small handful of grated parmesian cheese (not in the recipe, added by Shannon)

1. Heat oil in 10" skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until well browned on both sides. (Inser by Shannon - add garlic during the last minute). Remove chicken from skillet.
2. Stir soup, water, paprika and black pepper in skillet. Heat to a boil.
3. Stir rice and broccoli in skillet. Reduce heat to low. Return chicken to skillet. Sprinkle additional paprika and black pepper over chicken. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender (I found it took more like 10 minutes.)
4. (Insert by Shannon) - Add in parmesian cheese just before serving.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin